An event within the event. On the last day of CantaRode International Choir Festival, the jury members share their vision on choral music with conductors and board members of choirs. This interactive meeting is not only meant for the participating choirs, but for all interested conductors and choir directors.
Evaluation of the current situation and the future developments in the international choral world and more specific the performances at the CantaRode contest.
The jury members of CantaRode 2018:
- John Damsma – Netherlands
- Luc Anthonis – Belgium
- Maria Guinand – Venezuela
- Robert Sund – Sweden
- Brady R. Allred – USA
- Conductors of the participating choirs.
- All conductors who are interested.
- Board members of Dutch and international choral organisations
- Board members and volunteers of the CantaRode foundation
Sunday May 13, 2018 (13.30 – 15.00 hr)
Hotel & Conference Centre Rolduc Abbey, Heyendallaan 82 in Kerkrade.
Chairman of the meeting
Jeroen Schrijner (Director Zürcher Singakademie – CH)
- 13.00 hrs Reception of participants
- 13.30 hrs Opening by Mr. Jeroen Schrijner
- 13.35 hrs The jury members present their vision on current developments in the international choral world
- 14.00 hrs Each jury member presents its experiences during this year’s CantaRode contest and festival.
- 14.25 hrs Discussion
- 15.00 hrs Conclusions and closing by the chairman of the meeting Mr. Jeroen Schrijner.
The conference language will be English (translation in German as required).
Participation is free.
Please sign up for participation via this link: Sign up